Sunday, June 23, 2013

Day Three - UMass Amherst

Left the Microsoft Conference at 2 and travelled to spend the night in Jacksonville Friday. Left the hotel at 5AM and after making really great time encountered the rolling traffic jam that is Washington D.C.It took over an hour to cover the last 20 miles in Virginia to the Beltway....an hour to drive around DC on the Beltway, and then another hour to get past Baltimore. I HATE TRAFFIC!!!

Did I mention that I hate traffic?

I tried for empathy and solace and called my lovely wife, who kept trying to change the subject (I wonder why????) and Anne (my intended destination, who failed to answer repeated times. I was alone, frustrated and...

HATING TRAFFIC!!!!

Got to Brooklyn at 7:30PM (I did not stop for longer then 10 minutes at any time, but I did get to listen to the ENTIRE, unabridged audiobook of Dan Brown's "Inferno". (Great story, nice plot twists, but if he could only write it would be a good book). Held Avery for 30 seconds before she went to bed...my first time EVER holding the baby! Played with Addison (and helped her unload the gift box) for about 30 minutes....

Then the coolest thing...Around 2 AM, Addison came out to the living room and crawled on the couch with me and we slept until 8:30. How cool is that!!!!

Doesn't matter how cool Digital STEM is....the best part of the trip through Friday, when I head back to Brooklyn, will be last night...hands down!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment