Friday, June 21, 2013

Day 1. The Travels of 2013

I start off a new summer of travels with a much limited schedule than expected, and, I admit, a little less thrill. I had been accepted to three workshops....Digital STEM at UMass, Amherst (starting Sunday) where we will explore using digital photography as an assessment/analysis tool across the middle school curriculum....MAVEN, a NASA workshop at UCal Berkeley, looking at the next Mars mission studying the atmosphere and gravitational pull of the red planet...and a week at Niagara Falls studying the Erie Canal and its impact on several levels. But I had to cancel MAVEN as the stipend of $700 barely covered air fare and I am just too poor to afford supplementing the stipend. Also, I have ClinEd training that week, which will allow me to remain at the forefront of a HELIOS/USF/District grant project that will place perspective middle school science teachers in a year long co-teach internship....so I will get a partner/intern for a whole year!!! Can't pass that up. Also, that last workshop I gave up since I have the District's STEM Institute for 3 days in Sarasota at the same time....and being in a new school next year, I want a least at week to set up my classroom.

So its off to the great Northeast for the STEM Institute right after I finish my Microsoft Partners in Education workshop this afternoon. More to come...stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment