Thursday, June 24, 2010

Day Five

Another exciting day discussing the wild and weird world of plant sex and ceratopteris! Yes we learned about (and saw) it all!!! And we will spend some time tomorrow drawing it!! Whoo-hoo!

We had hoped for a cooler day and got it....it rained during lunch but I was prepared having packed my poncho in my computer bag just in case of an afternoon shower. The only problem was - I was at Chick Fil A on campus and my poncho was....in my computer bag. Needless to say...I got wet.

I will be seeing Ervin from Discovery Place a week from Friday and get to see the renovations the museum has gone through.

Hard to believe, but tomorrow at noon we will be half way done with the workshop. Everyone here has been terrific and I am learning a lot....now if I get paid....and when that actually happens....well...that's what makes the future so exciting!

3 comments:

  1. HEY DAD!! I have been swamped with tech for my show but we finally opened yesterday and so tonight I am able to catch up on your journey! It seems to be amazing!! I am so glad to hear you enjoy your workshops and get to eat texas style chili (JEALOUS!). Your labs also sound real interesting; I will have to look at that link on plant sex this weekend when I have some more time off!

    And about the photos... give me a day and I will look at it. Maybe if I were getting paid like a real webmaster it would happen sooner.

    I am so proud and jealous of you, words cannot express either emotion enough. LOVE YOU!

    Megan

    PS I am so routing for you to win at the withering celery competition. Don't let me down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An annotation for those who have not taken biology or botany in a few years:

    Ceratopteris is the only genus among homosporous ferns that is exclusively aquatic. It is pan-tropical.

    ReplyDelete