Monday, June 21, 2010

Day Three

Walking....1 state (texas).....1 mile....

First Day of the workshop was pretty cool. Got into a long conversation with the lady from Holland (who lives near Arnhem where Anne and I spent a night at a youth hostel and visited a theme park) about setting up a joint plant project between one of her schools and Ferrell and having the kids swap data online in blogs....

We compared day old celery to fresh celery in preparation for a challenge that will have us competing in trying make our celery stalk droop the most over 4 days. Later we created a C-Fern culture and placed it in a climate controlled crate (see the picture when loaded) for cultivation. Also visited 3 of Texas A&M's greenhouses...cool stuff!
Tomorrow I will try to get to the bookstore!

Pictures were uploaded into the blog but the old ones (which I deleted) are still there while the new ones are not showing. I will need my Blog guru, Megan, to sort this out for me....

People seem nice....the workshop seems that like it will offer a LOT that I could use if I were still in a classroom, but I am not sure how much I can sell to my new teachers....

Dinner at a cowboy hamburger joint (blah) but the Texas chili (with beans) was really good. I am tired and will snack on cherries....by the way the fitness room is way cool....went up at 5 this morning and rode on a bike with a programmable screen so you can watch the route (I chose a sunset ride through a park) as you pedal. I could get into this!

No comments:

Post a Comment