Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Day Four

Not quite as exciting a day....it seems that much of this project is way over the heads of middle schoolers (and the group attending are so much more expert with the lab procedures and material) but I can definitely see how I can adapt it to meets my kids needs...and I am learning a tremendous amount.

The folks running the program are terrific! Today we continued on our Celery Challenge, where we are competing against all of the other groups to design a way to make our celery bend the most (in a 24-hour period). We also spent a good portion of the afternoon discussing plant sex....which is not nearly as boring as animal sex, although I will not elaborate on the subject....for more information go to
http://www.bio.miami.edu/dana/dox/altgen_new.html

Its a bit late and I am headed out to catch a bite, get some ice and toilet paper (since they think one roll will last us for 10 days), and then settle in for some exciting Charlotte Danielson videos....gosh, I live an exciting life!

1 comment: