Saturday, June 2, 2012

And so we end the prep week heading into exams. I have to admit, I am really excited about heading back into a carefully selected classroom this fall. I realize how much I missed all of the projects I would have worked on with my students at Martinez....and even though we did Crime Lab, and the Skype with Arjan and Edith in the Netherlands agin this year....they weren't my students and I miss the opportunity to have taken then places they would always remember. I really want a home...a school, a principal, an environment where I can work with the students who need my type of classroom, and we can drive to the moon and back. I want to take them to the top of Everest, the bottom of the Mariana Trench, through the chemistry and physics of magic, engineering for earthquakes, sharing science ideas with other counties, learning the mechanisms of Florida weather, learning cause and effect relationships and discovering how things work....all this in a place as friendly, as challenging, as rewarding as Progress Village was under Walt Shaffner. I hope I find it.

As for now, it is 5:30 Saturday morning and I am packing, getting ready for departure in less than 168 hours with thoughts of the excitement and joy of being on the road and back in a classroom again! Seeing old friends, new places...the only regret is that Mary Anne cannot join me on the journey. Oh, the outlets we would find....

No comments:

Post a Comment