Monday, June 11, 2012

Day 3

Lots of changes in College Station, but the BIGGEST NEWS of the week....I found the old used book store that I spent hours and hours and hours in on my first trip here! Road trip tomorrow night! Nothing I need more than a few dozen books....

Anyway, this was a day for new changes and old friends. The streets around the Corner Pub and our path to Harrison are marked by massive construction, as the pictures above show. Got to chat with Stephen, DOCTOR Cheryl, and it is always great to spend time and draw from the wisdom of Dr. S. The afternoon was spent playing an Earthquake game that was so engrossing the afternoon just flew by. I love when you get paid to play games. Lunch at Freebird Burritos and Dinner as a group (mostly) at Fish Daddy just down the road....great conversation, a GREAT meal, and less than $20! What more can a struggling workshop teacher ask? Tomorrow - the Texas A&M Bookstore and (finally, after 3 years) an A&M shirt for my wife, and a trip to half price book heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment