Friday, July 2, 2010

Day Thirteen

All Charlotte...All the Time

Probably more than 100 miles....started at Discovery Place, which no one in this family will recognize....completely renovated....Challenger Room - gone....Rat Basketball - gone...Electricity Show in the Big Theater - gone....Traveling exhibits - gone. Now its all glitz and lights and electronics....still lots of hands on but all of the shows/programs are gone. It was disappointing....but I did get a couple of posters and a T-shirt...and got to talk with Ervin for a few minutes....as well as seeing a couple of others I used to work with...

From there I visited the old sights...First Ward, Chantilly, Northwest, and the old House....pictures are above...

AND....the absolute best junk store in the UNIVERSE - Ollie's where they had ALL of the old Star Trek figures at $2.99!!!! (I bought 6!)....and the world's greatest used media store....Magnolia....WOW!!! I could drop thousands in this store....but I behaved....I had to buy a small camera so I resisted!

Picked up a camera just like the ones they loaned us in Texas....so I am armed and ready for pictures on the Blue Ridge Parkway!

What will I do tomorrow?????

No comments:

Post a Comment