Friday, July 9, 2010

Day Twenty

And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain.....

Workshop #2 is history, but it was a very good last day. Although I did not win a Mercedes for the second straight workshop, we started the day off with a blast as a design engineer gave us an excellent 2 hour lecture on the design elements of the Parkway, followed by a couple of hours on the National Park Service and the things those nice folks do for teachers.

The bus trip was less exciting....my excellent bus companion of a day ago ran off and left me for another camper....and while hitting the scenic overviews one last time it immediately started to pour (buckets, folks...I am talking buckets here...not drizzle, not a mist, not a light, hot, or baby shower....buckets...in like 5 seconds....we are talking 0 to drenched in 5.2 seconds)

And it did this not once but twice (the second time as I am carrying an umbrella and I STILL got soaked before I could get the darn thing open!).

I am glad to be leaving Boone.

The plan is to hit the road by 4:30...and get to Baltimore by 1-ish, weather permitting.

Guess I will fire up the ol Willie Nelson...."On the road again...."

No comments:

Post a Comment