Friday, July 23, 2010

July 23

A truly sad day....

I have to go to the worlds most boring workshop (It's official! That is what they have renamed this workshop!) at USF this morning at 8:30 while Mom has the day off to sit in the sun, sip pina coladas by the bucketful while lounging next to the pool....

Life is, indeed, unfair.

The restocking of the garage project continues to prove that time is, in fact, relative, since time miraculously speeds up whenever I start to work on it, allowing me to get very little done before I am forced by life to move on to something else. Yet, it seems as if the house has been cluttered with innumerable boxes since as far back as recorded time. This paradox (which, by the way, is what you have when 2 boats at sitting together at 2 separate piers - a pair of docks) continues to confound me so I think I will create a theorem for it, publish, and give lectures at $20K a pop from now on.

And, as a corollary to the above, the time before my forced return to a life of work and uncertainty seems to be speeding toward me at warp speed while this workshop week has been going agonizingly slow.

Sudden revelation: What a great supervillain....Time Man - who can control 30 second bursts of time! (He could not control all time since that would make him invincible...and he would never need to take time to monologue...)

Just a thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment